PERC is the national leader in market solutions for conservation, with over forty years of research and a network of respected scholars and practitioners. We explore how providing incentives for environmental stewardship produces sustainable outcomes for land, water, and wildlife.
Through our vertically integrated approach of research, law and policy outreach, and innovative on-the-ground field conservation projects, we bring an urgently needed perspective to the conservation community—seeking to replace conflict with cooperation through the power of markets and partnerships.
A world with healthy land, water, and wildlife sustained by voluntary, cooperative conservation and incentives for environmental stewardship.
PERC is dedicated to advancing conservation through markets, incentives, property rights, and voluntary partnerships.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Associate is responsible for assisting in the daily operations of PERC in a role that is best described as a concierge to PERC’s staff, fellows, and visitors. The successful candidate will be service-oriented, a self-starter, and show an initiative to both identify and take ownership of needs in support of PERC’s operations.
This position also requires a team player who is willing to pitch in outside of the confines of their job description. This is a 40 hours per week non-exempt position; 5 days per week. This is a non-supervisory role with no direct reports. The work schedule for this position allows for some flexibility.
Front desk and general administrative support – 40%
- Data entry
- Answer and/or direct incoming phone calls
- Greet/support PERC visitors
- Assist staff, visiting fellows, and visitors with basic computer setup and other general support
- Support positive organizational culture by working with the Operations Director to set up internal and external staff engagement opportunities
- Manage and distribute incoming mail, shipments, and packages
- Assist in monitoring PERC’s general email accounts and voicemail
- Provide global administrative support to all staff. Duties include but are not limited to copies, scans, mailings, faxes, smaller projects, and long-term projects.
- Support leadership team with travel accommodations, report formatting, data entry, etc.
- Coordinate staff meetings and lunches
- Support day-to-day operations including making coffee, starting/unloading the dishwasher, purchasing and displaying office snacks, etc.
- General light building maintenance
Conference/event support – 15%
- Provide basic support to PERC’s conference coordinator
- Help clean up after meetings and events with food or drink, including taking out trash, maintaining restroom supplies, putting away food, putting away chairs/equipment, and loading/unloading the dishwasher
- Coordinate smaller PERC workshops/events
- Prepare conference room for meetings and events including technology, temperature control, and refreshments such as coffee and tea
IT support – 15%
- General IT support for staff
- Serve as main point of contact with IT company; schedule maintenance and respond to technical issues
- Maintain printers
- Work with IT company to maintain software on our systems
- Order equipment through IT company
Development support – 20%
- Update Salesforce database with donor information and correspondence
- Log donations into Salesforce
- Conduct monthly Salesforce/Quickbooks reconciliation per audit guidelines
- Facilitate tax receipt process on a daily/weekly basis, as appropriate
- Additional activities, such as ‘thank you’ calls and grant support, as they arise
A SUCCESSFUL ASSOCIATE WILL
- Enjoy working with a group of thoughtful, high-achieving individuals dedicated to advancing PERC’s mission in a supportive, team-driven environment
- Be service oriented and possess a desire to provide a concierge approach to supporting PERC’s mission
- Identify needs and take initiative without much supervision
- Have a successful track record with flexibility toward task priorities and managing time according to changing organizational priorities
- Have excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to multitask and assume diverse responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with all members of PERC’s team in a productive and positive manner
- Posses the personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of PERC
PERC is a small, tight-knit office community with a wide variety of expertise, skills, and organizational responsibilities. We value quality time together, team building, and employee edification for all staff. Additionally, we strive for a respectful and mutually supportive workplace environment. There is no single project PERC takes on that doesn’t require input and participation from multiple team members; as such, every single person’s input and participation are valued.
PERKS OF WORKING AT PERC
- Great healthy (platinum, gold, and silver plans), vision, and dental benefit choices for employees and family
- Flex/FSA or HSA offered
- 5% 401(k) PERC contribution
- PERC contributed life insurance
- Voluntary additional life insurance
- Voluntary accident insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid vacation and sick days
- 12 paid holidays
- Discounted gym membership
- Ability to work with an impactful conservation organization, dedicated to positive environmental outcomes
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief personal introduction to the Director of Operations, Sarah Lutiger.